Finding The Best Resort Hotels on The Island of Ko Samui
The Thai Island of Ko Samui now has well renowned reputation as one of best beach holiday destinations on the planet. Its combination of stunning palm-fringed beaches, relaxed family orientated atmosphere and clear azure seas it is a winning formula for an unbeatable holiday. Ko Samui is easily reached via its airport on a short flight from Bangkok or you can arrive by ferry into the main port of Nathon. There are a higher concentration of hotels on the busier Northern and Eastern coasts close to the airport but there are also excellent options further afield on the quieter side of island. We will focus on some of the best high-end luxury spa resorts Ko Samui has to offer and what separates them from the rest of the accommodations available.
Excellence As Standard
The best resort hotels that sit at the peak of the hospitality pyramid and charge a premium for their guests to stay with them, they must earn that premium by delivering an excellent end-to-end experience. Among the island luxury resort spas are –
- Kimpton Kitalay – situated on the north end of the island this fantastic resort offers both rooms, suites, and villas in a manicured oceanfront setting. It has a wealth of facilities including multiple pools, five dining options and a well-appointed spa and wellness centre.
- Banyan Tree Samui – located in a private bay near the airport this luxury resort features villas with their own private pools and personal concierge, this secluded haven also includes bespoke dining, kids club and fitness and beauty facilities.
- Conrad Koh Samui – this superb villa complex is built into a hillside overlooking the gulf of Thailand on the quieter southwestern corner of the island. Its highly rated stunning villas have private pools and amazing views.
- Four Seasons Resort Ko Samui – a luxurious hillside resort offers both suites and villas nestled in spacious tropical gardens set in a private bay on north side of the island facing the gulf of Siam. It has ample facilities including a forest spa, fitness centre and excellent dining options.
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort – this fantastic beachside location on the east coast features villas centred around palm fringed private pools and a fantastic, stilted treetop restaurant.
These are just five of the luxury resorts dotted around Ko Samui, there are many other well-rated luxury hotels on this great holiday island, I am sure you do your proper research prior to booking but I hope I have given you some great ideas to start with.